The Mississippi State Department of Health announced 108 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 Thursday morning, bringing the state-wide total of those infected to 435. No cases have been confirmed in Kemper County.

The death toll in the state climbed to five on Wednesday. A Hancock County resident was the state’s first COVID-19 related death reported on Friday. Health officials have said the person had additional underlying health issues. The second death was a Holmes County man between 60-65 who officials said had underlying conditions. Also reported on Wednesday were a Webster County man aged 65-70 with underlying conditions, a Wilkinson County man aged 85-90 with underlying conditions, and a Tunica County woman aged 75-80 who died in a long-term care facility.

The bulk of the confirmed cases are still in Hinds County (43), DeSoto County (49) and Harrison County (31). 

The MSDH says they have results from 2,776 people tested so far.

Mississippi remains on a partial lockdown, with schools and other public entities temporarily shuttered until at least April 17. Restaurants and bars were advised late last week to forego dining room service for to-go or curbside service.

The state has rolled out a Coronavirus Hotline, which is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week at (877) 978-6453.

For more information, visit www.msdh.ms.gov.